New Tool for MiniMed pumpers

This news spread like wildfire through the forums, but I don’t know how many of my d-readers are in there.

MiniMed just came out with a USB device that reads the info from your pump. No more crazy fragile cable to deal with. Oh – and did I mention it is free?!

It says it takes four to six weeks for delivery, but most people who have ordered so far have received it within the week.

Go to carelink.minimed.com, sign in/up and click on the link to order your device.

April 7, 2008 - diabetes365 - day 183

Just thought you should know! 😀

Category: pump
  • jill. says:

that’s awesome! thanks for the info!

i got my pump after minimed stopped giving away the cables for free, so i’m totally excited to actually be able to use carelink.

April 7, 2008 at 9:33 pm

Me too!
    Mine arrives tomorrow!

April 7, 2008 at 9:39 pm
  • Donna says:

Thanks for the information, Sara! I can’ t believe these are free. I ordered mine a few minutes ago. I love getting free stuff!

April 8, 2008 at 9:04 pm
  • Bernard Farrell says:

Excellent.

I hope some of the other pump companies sit up and take notice. I don’t know which is worse, needing a cable or needing an infrared reader. In the case of the latter, I have to balance my pump at just the right angle for what seems like an eternity just to download the data.

Which means I don’t bother. Oh well.

April 10, 2008 at 8:32 am
  • Sara from Team Sweetpea says:

Thanks for this info! I have been slacking on my forum reading lately and had no idea they were sending these out for free.
    The timing could not be better, my cable/meter combo is getting a little flaky.

April 10, 2008 at 2:28 pm
  • Major Bedhead says:

Wheee! Thanks for that information. I just ordered one for O’s pump.

April 10, 2008 at 9:50 pm