Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a blog with 10 weird, random, facts, habits or goals about yourself.
At the end, choose 6 people to be tagged, list their names & why you tagged them. Don’t forget to leave them a comment saying “You’re it!” & to go read your blog. (Right – sorry not doing this part!)You cannot tag the person that tagged you, so since you’re not allowed to tag me back; let me know when you are done so I can go read YOUR weird, random, facts, habits and goals.
- I am a very picky eater. It is not by taste though, I have this weird thing about textures. For example, I can’t stand brownies or cookies with nuts in them, but I love brownies and cookies and nuts. Or I don’t like celery and onions in my potato salad. I think it is the mixture or the unexpected that gets me. Like potato salad is smooth and then all of a sudden you end up with the crunchy piece of celery or your mouth slides across an onion. Bleck!
- I used to want to be an actress. Seriously, that is what I wanted to be when I ‘grew up’. I even had headshots taken, but I pretty much gave it up after that point. Ironically enough, there is a scene in Spiderman II where Doc Ock is rampaging in the streets and there is this girl that falls on the roof of a car and screams. She is totally my doppleganger. You know how people tell you that you look like someone and you don’t really see it? I really think I look like this girl. Weird!
- I love to cross-stitch. Yup, I am kinda a nerd, but I never told you any different did I?
- I love The Judds. In fact, in the computer class I took in college we had to create a PowerPoint presentation about something, and mine was about them. I read Naomi’s autobiography, love Wynonna’s music, see all of Ashley’s movies. I even have a copy of the made-for-TV movie of Naomi’s book on VHS that I taped from TV. See second sentence of #4.
- I don’t rent movies. It costs so much to rent them these days, so I just buy them. Sometimes previously viewed, sometimes not. It makes for a decent sized movie collection. I also have all the seasons of Dawson’s Creek, Gilmore Girls, House, Grey’s Anatomy. I am trying to decided between collecting Alias (nostalgia) or LOST (current).
- I think I am becoming a hermit. I hate crowds. I much prefer to buy things online on the chance that I might have to return it than actually go shopping. I much prefer books and movies to going out to clubs or anything like that.
- I started this blog to keep my family updated on my life when I moved across the country. They hardly ever read it, and they never comment. One day I was randomly blog hopping and I found the diabetes community. I don’t know that I would have continued blogging if it wasn’t for them. I mean, how long can you keep talking if no one is listening. Like a tree falling in the forest, does a blogger without comments make a noise?
- I was born in New York but I had never been to NYC until 2003. We moved when I was a little kid, but even on all our trips back to visit family, I guess it just never really fit with our plans.
- I want to get a doctorate degree. I went straight from high school to college to graduate school. I had my masters degree by 24 but I was totally ‘schooled out’. Now I kinda miss being in the classroom. The only problem is that I am not passionate enough about anything to go back and especially write a thesis about it which means I can’t pick a school or a program. But I think about it all the time.
- I am counting on the fact that not too many people read blogs on the weekend because I am posting this picture. See #2.
Have a great weekend everyone!! 😀