A year of diabetes

From October 9, 2007 through October 7, 2008* I attempted to chronicle what it is like to live 365 days a year with Type 1 diabetes.

Here is the result:

*leap year

Category: pictures
Tag:

That (for whatever reason) made me cry. In a good way of course.

Thank you so much. I loved that!

October 28, 2008 at 11:47 pm
  • Karen says:

I’m with George. I cried. I laughed too. You did a really great job at the impossible – summing up a year with diabetes.

October 29, 2008 at 8:33 am
  • k2 says:

OUTSTANDING ON SO MANY LEVELS!!!!!!
    Great job documenting a year with diabetes – The good, the bad, the frustrating, and the sweet.
    YOU ROCK
    k2
    PS – On a personal note – I had absolutely no ideal that Fresca came in a Peach Citrus flavor – I’m going to go out and get me some of that!

October 29, 2008 at 8:58 am
  • Windy says:

What?? The emotional low blood sugar didn’t cry??

Wow!! You did it!!! Congrats on completing D365!!! That is awesome!

October 29, 2008 at 9:06 am
  • David Edelman says:

That’s FANTASTIC! Count me impressed and touched in equal measures. Thanks for sharing such a unique view of your year. 🙂

October 29, 2008 at 9:20 am
  • Bernard Farrell says:

Sara, Sara

You rock more than I can express. What a wonderful set of pictures. I was sniffling and then the one of you with your cheeks full or air made me laugh at the same time! Thanks for putting them all together like that.

Wow.

October 29, 2008 at 9:36 am

We are so proud of you Sara! That was a big project to take on! I can’t see the images/video while I’m at work (IT haters have everything cool blocked), but will check it out as soon as I can.

October 29, 2008 at 10:19 am
  • Stick Me Designs says:

Wow Sarah, What an eye opener* You did a wonderful job. I feel like I understand living with diabetes better than I did before. My little stint is nuthin’ 🙂 Thanks for that.

October 29, 2008 at 10:20 am
  • Jillian says:

Congrats, Sara! Of course you had to use “Seasons of Love” to bring on the tears! As someone who dropped out early I really admire that you stuck with it.

October 29, 2008 at 10:55 am
  • landileigh says:

Sara,
    I met you through D-365, and i know that each one of us felt we met a friend, as we learned we were not alone and that all of our lives in pictures were connected. I’m so proud of you for finishing the year. YOU DID IT!

landileigh

October 29, 2008 at 12:45 pm
  • molly says:

Cool beans, Sara!
    What a great collection of pictures.
    You did it!

October 29, 2008 at 8:29 pm
  • type1emt says:

very cool, that is so inspiring. Congrats on finishing the year.

October 30, 2008 at 1:05 pm

Even better than I imagined! Very cool Sara!

October 31, 2008 at 10:01 am
  • Mandy says:

Wow! That is an inspiring collection of photos. Congrats on an amazing accomplishment!

November 1, 2008 at 4:58 pm