World’s Most Pointless Free Offer

I finally got the purple meter that I registered for at CWD this summer. The color is really pretty, don’t you think?

I was looking through all the pamphlets and booklets that came with the meter, and I noticed the warranty card. Really? Does anyone else think that 20 lancets is worse than underwear in your stocking on Christmas morning?

fancy purple meter

• Christine says:

Actually, my lancets are very “pointy” and not so “pointless.”

November 23, 2008 at 2:27 am
  • Rachel says:

hahahaha. Given that I’m on box #2 of 100 from 3.5 years ago when I was diagnosed… Given that Greg is still using lancets his grandfather left behind when he passed away 6 years ago…

hahaha.

November 23, 2008 at 8:54 am
  • Lee Ann says:

When I saw the endo last (not my regular endo) he actually wrote me a script for lancets while he writing out the ones I asked for – strips, insulin, etc. I didn’t realize until I got home, and I’m thinking about framing it or something ’cause I certainly won’t ever have a use for it.

November 23, 2008 at 9:53 am
  • k2 says:

20 free lancets – “We don’t need no stinking lancets!” Now 20 free test strips…that’s another story!

November 23, 2008 at 10:47 am
  • Courtney says:

just think, if we didn’t already have hundreds of lancets lying around from years of not using them, those lancets from one touch would get you through 10 more years of pricking your fingers 😉

November 23, 2008 at 10:54 am
  • type1emt says:

I got my blue one too…bout time they showed up!

I can’t remember the last time I changed my lancet.

November 23, 2008 at 11:01 am
  • Christine says:

I just counted yesterday that I have 27 boxes of multiclix lancts. That’s not counting regular lancets. I went through a brief phase where I tried to work through my regular lancets. Yeah, gave up on that.

November 23, 2008 at 12:00 pm
  • Scott says:

Yeh, I agree except I might actually have more use for underwear in my Christmas stocking than I would for lancets!

November 23, 2008 at 2:13 pm
  • chris says:

That is actually pretty funny. How do you like that meter anyway? We just got one for Emma and the best thing about it (for us) is the color.
    I am just curious if the features for us (parents) that we find not so great are the same for someone who tests themselves.
    Did this make sense? It IS 2:22 am.

November 24, 2008 at 3:22 am
  • Karen says:

Aaahhh, I ALWAYS got underwear in my stocking when I was growing up. Shampoo too. Ugh. And yes, 20 free lancets is just as bad. Now free test strips on the other hand . . . those are more like a pair of earrings in your Christmas stocking. Not that I’d know – I’ve never gotten earrings in my stocking or free test strips.

November 24, 2008 at 9:26 am
  • jill. says:

I think I have 20 boxes of multiclix lancets. My last script said “test 10 times a day” sigh…

Also, I like that purple mini! Might have to get one of those to match my pump!

November 24, 2008 at 9:05 pm
  • Wendy says:

wait, I’m supposed to change the lancets. Opps. Knew i was forgetting something. I got my blue mini also.
    Wendy

November 24, 2008 at 9:34 pm

I love how this post about lancets is one of my most commented posts! 😀

The offer is even funnier considering I don’t even use the OneTouch lancet device (dagger).

November 24, 2008 at 11:56 pm