matchy matchy

I returned the iPro this morning. I guess we will be reviewing the results at my next appointment. I had to keep a food log while I was wearing it so the results would make sense. Let me tell you – I hate logging!

I am a little (read: alot) frustrated with my endo office right now. MY endo left the practice because she is having twins and the new one doesn’t start until April 1st. I am admittedly spoiled, but I don’t want to see a substitute endo and I don’t want this one-hit-wonder to suggest changes to my numbers and such. Spoiled and stubborn – I know.

Ever since I had my thyroid checked and they gave me grief about giving me a copy of the results (old endo would just bring a spare copy into the appointment knowing I would want one), I’ve been a little suspicious about ‘the replacements’. That, and the fact that the endo’s med tech keeps calling me baby and sweetheart and dear and speaks in a valley girl voice. She is younger than me and clearly not from the ‘valley’.

Anyway, because of work responsibilities I really have to drop off the unit and run and won’t have a lot of time to chat. I am thinking that I will attach a note to the top of the logs that says “I expect to be mailed a copy of the CGMS log so that I may review my results in anticipation of my next appointment.” I’ll let you know how that goes.

Due to callibration needs, I have been using a provided Ultra 2 in addition to my personal UltraLink. They wanted at least four tests on the Ultra 2. I basically used it for my morning fasting number and pre-meal numbers and my UltraLink for all the rest (4-5 more tests each day). Well – that is except for the times I tested on both!

dueling meters

Wow! That doesn’t happen very often!

January 10, 2009 at 5:18 pm
  • landileigh says:

i like how you have a multi-clix with the one touch meters. i think that all other lancets should be removed from the market!

January 10, 2009 at 5:57 pm

My endo is out on medical leave and I am scared to see the replacement. I feel your pain Sara.

January 10, 2009 at 9:15 pm
  • Donna says:

I know my endo is going to retire one of these days and getting a new one seems pretty scary. I hope all goes well with your new one. Pretty weird that some doctors don’t want you to see your own health information, isn’t it?

Hope your toe is feeling better! 🙂

January 10, 2009 at 10:56 pm
  • Lynnea says:

Yeah…I was going to ask if that is normal? I’ve “heard” the ultralinks are way off!!??? Now I wonder?

And the Valley girl reference…..I haven’t heard that term in years. I’ve forgotten what it sounds like!!

Endo change……not good……Ugh…I hope she’s at least bearable, if not better!

January 11, 2009 at 1:21 am
  • Major Bedhead says:

I hope they send your results to you. O got hers when she did the test – I can’t fathom why they would be angry about giving you test results. That’s just odd.

January 12, 2009 at 4:43 pm
  • Kathy says:

Would you believe, I’ve never seen an endocrinologist?! Hmmm. Wonder what I’m missing out on…But I agree w/Julia, it is bizarre that they don’t want you to see any numbers. Weirder than the Valley Girl voice, which is freaky enough…

Hope the toe is doing better. I did almost the exact same thing once, except it was a Princess phone that did the damage and not a power supply 🙂 One of those old ’60s models. Yipes!

January 13, 2009 at 11:49 am