Celebrate Today

I have so much to write about last week at Children with Diabetes – Friends for Life, but unfortunately ‘real life’ calls. Tomorrow I have an all-day meeting with the top boss at work to update her on what I have been up to this year, and what my plans are for the upcoming year. This totally stresses me out, so keep me in your thoughts and prayers if you can.

What was that sound I heard around 4 pm EST today? Was it the sound of 14,000 lancets firing, or 14,000 people licking their fingers, or 14,000 meters beeping out a result?

I don’t think I have ever been so excited to test as I was this afternoon!

14kPWD14kPWD

Check out all the other diabetics (and family and friends of diabetics) who tested at the same time today here and/or here.

Never alone in the diabetes community – that’s for sure!

• JaimieH says:

Great pic Sara! 🙂

July 14, 2009 at 10:34 pm
  • Cherise says:

I was excited about to day too! It was awesome! Great Post. Now off to RT!

July 14, 2009 at 10:43 pm
  • Jenny S. says:

I did mine, a few minutes late being at work, but 183. Almost had a bad site, if not for the 14KPWD testing. Lunch at 4 PST I was back to 67. Whew!

July 14, 2009 at 11:21 pm
  • Mandy says:

Good luck with your meeting. I’m sure it will go well.

Testing today was pretty exciting. I was at an advanced pumping seminar, and so I got several other PWDs to test with me. Very cool!

AND I got that extra pump skin from the trainer with no survey involved.

July 14, 2009 at 11:55 pm
  • CALpumper says:

Great post. Awesome pics.

Good luck, almost wrote tomorrow, err, today, later. You will do Great!

July 15, 2009 at 12:48 am
  • Wendy says:

Sara,

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I unfortunately forgot to test today at 4 pm.

July 15, 2009 at 12:50 am
  • Hannah says:

Nice pic!!!

Good luck on the meeting!!

July 15, 2009 at 2:33 am
  • cathy Van de Moortele says:

Great picture! I hope your meeting went well?

I was also very excited about the united poking test 🙂 It strenghtens you knowing that you are not alone and so many people all over the world have to poke their fingers, just like us.

We talked about it on our own little http://www.diabetesforum.be and some of our most fanatic members joined in as well!

July 15, 2009 at 5:08 am

Awesome pics! And how awesome to pull off an even 120 mg/dl?! Veeeeeery nice Sara!

And yes, you have full license to mess with me about how behind I am on reading blog posts. 🙂

July 30, 2009 at 10:53 pm