My second year

I have bitten the bullet and I’m trying it again! A little over a year ago I finished my first diabetes365 challenge.

What’s that? – you ask.

The goal of diabetes365 is to take a picture each day to show some aspect of what it’s like to live every day with diabetes. You don’t have to start on January 1st, and your pictures don’t have to be fancy (goodness knows – mine aren’t!), so anyone can do it! If you can’t think of anything to post on a certain day, you can just take a picture of your meter (since you’d certainly see that at least once a day – right?)

So who else is in?

My plan is to post the pictures from the previous week on here every Monday.

January 2, 2010 – day 1
January 2, 2010 - diabetes365 - day 1

Day one! The first day of my second edition of the diabetes365 challenge started bright and early! This picture was taken in Philadelphia halfway through my return trip that started the night before. So much for the hieghtened security! I started at LAX (one of the busiest airports in the US) and was through security in 10 minutes. Not even a second look at me, my pump, or any of my carry-on diabetic supplies.

January 3, 2010 – day 2
January 3, 2010 - diabetes365 - day 2

What time is it?! I think I finally figured out how to deal with the wonkiness that happens every time I change time zones. Someone from the CWD e-mail list mentioned it after the conference this summer. It seems like the key to keeping things in range for me is to only change my pump settings an hour a day.

Wish me luck and/or join in the fun!!

• jaimie says:

I’m going to try to do this 🙂 and I just think it is super cool we both used a form of the word wonky today lol… I said my knee was wonky on twitter b4 reading this 🙂

January 4, 2010 at 10:31 am
  • Jollymon says:

I loved when you did this- I thought it was SOOO cool! I would be excited to see you compose this again. If it takes a year, I would wait for it.

If you composed something for last year, minus a few days, I would NEVER be able to tell, and I would still be excited to see it!

January 4, 2010 at 11:05 am
  • Cherise says:

Sara-

I’m in! Lovely pictures.

January 4, 2010 at 11:23 am
  • Schmancy says:

I think this is such an awsome journey! Good luck Sara

January 4, 2010 at 11:30 am
  • Hannah says:

Good luck Sara!!!

I think I might join you this time =)

January 4, 2010 at 11:44 am

Jaimie and Cherise – yay! I am excited to see what we all come up with!

Hannah – you should! It’s really easier than you think. I took my picture for today as I was walking out the door for work this morning. A few extra seconds and I was done!

January 4, 2010 at 12:43 pm

I am doing it. I am only using my iphone so it should be interesting.

January 4, 2010 at 6:53 pm
  • Hannah says:

OK Deal! I will definitely join you… one problem though… I need to get myself a better phone with camera first! I have a compact cam but its not mine… so a bit of a prob there =)

I’ll join you midway!