Diabetes blog day: Why blog when you can vlog

Today marks the 6th annual Diabetes Blog Day. It is a day when the diabetes community blogs together to increase awareness about diabetes.

The theme this year is “six things you want people to know about diabetes”. I thought about blogging about the typical signs and symptoms of diabetes, or the common misconceptions about diabetes, or the differences between Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. But, none of that felt right to me.

So this is what you get instead.

• Michael Hoskins says:

At first, I was so very excited to see your vlog as it would’ve been my first one to see today. But then, I was sad.

Because I’m at work, and don’t have my headphones allowing me to listen.

So, I must leave and post-pone the vlog-viewing for later at home… Oh, the waiting. (Yes, Tom Petty, it IS the hardest part!)

November 9, 2010 at 4:01 pm

So, why did you have to bring up Haiti and make me cry? Awesome Vlog!

November 9, 2010 at 8:32 pm
  • Allison Blass says:

Loved that you did a vlog! And I totally knew it was you from the last post, but I didn’t want to ruin the surprise. 😉

November 9, 2010 at 10:37 pm
  • Chris S. says:

# 4 is awesome. If we all agreed on everything to do with diabetes, then we could just have one really big blog post per day. We all live such different lives, but do have some things in common, but it is so great to see the other sides of people with diabetes and how they deal with situations. Reading blogs from you, and others help me figure out what is going on with my life as well. I also love your video editing skills.

November 10, 2010 at 5:26 pm
  • Kerri. says:

This video was awesome, and I’m totally on board with having everyone share their real opinions, not just what they THINK they’re supposed to say. Excellent point, “daughter!” 😉

November 10, 2010 at 10:04 pm
  • Simon says:

Hey Sara

Points well made & well spoken for after midnight! So far behind on dblogday posts…this is getting ridiculous

November 11, 2010 at 7:57 am