At least be cute!

My philosophy has long been – if you have to be a diabetic, at least be a cute diabetic (that first link takes you to my first Stick Me Designs purchase – in 2007!)

On Friday, I got a new petal cuff bracelet. Isn’t it cute?!

petal cuff bracelet

This particular bracelet was purchased from Lauren’s Hope, which makes it not just a bracelet but also my newest medical ID.

caduceus symbolmedical info engraved inside

I have impossibly small wrists (wish I could say that about other parts of my body), so it is nice to have something I can adjust to fit.

If you are thinking of getting a new medical ID, I highly recommend Lauren’s Hope. The staff is great and I received my order within the week (with a handwritten note included). You can sign up on their website (bottom of the page) to be on the mailing list – I bought my ID when I noticed they were offering 20% off.

beautiful medical ID - it does exist

Disclosure: I was not paid or influenced by Lauren’s Hope to write this review. I received nothing from them – except for the bracelet that I paid for and ordered myself.

10 Comments

• Stacey D. says:

I actually dealt with Lauren’s Hope for a giveaway on my blog. I love them! So much that I even bought some of my own stuff from them. Great bracelet & great recommendation 🙂

• Heidi says:

Now I know what I want for Christmas-that’s a very unique medical ID! (love it)

I love it! And now I want a cool looking one for myself!

• Pearlsa says:

I ordered a bracelet from Lauren’s Hope this past Friday. I spent an hour debating between the cuff and the one I chose.

• Jess says:

yay! now we almost match! 🙂

• Colleen says:

Such a pretty medical alert! Who’d have thunk?

• Emily says:

Hi. Thanks for you blog. I have been lurking around it for a few months now.

I love all the stylish medic-alert type bracelets that have been coming out. I always wonder, though, if in an emergency first-responders would recognize a pretty bracelet as a medic alert. Do you know if any paramedics have ever spoken about the ease of recognizing some of these new products as medic-alert type jewelry? Thanks again for your blog!

The reason why they are only necklaces and bracelets are because that is the first place the emergency personnel will check for vital signs. I am hopefully that when they would do that they would see the medical symbol. For me, I would not wear anything that looked more medical looking, so for me something that may not get noticed is better than nothing at all.