At least be cute!

My philosophy has long been – if you have to be a diabetic, at least be a cute diabetic (that first link takes you to my first Stick Me Designs purchase – in 2007!)

On Friday, I got a new petal cuff bracelet. Isn’t it cute?!

petal cuff bracelet

This particular bracelet was purchased from Lauren’s Hope, which makes it not just a bracelet but also my newest medical ID.

caduceus symbolmedical info engraved inside

I have impossibly small wrists (wish I could say that about other parts of my body), so it is nice to have something I can adjust to fit.

If you are thinking of getting a new medical ID, I highly recommend Lauren’s Hope. The staff is great and I received my order within the week (with a handwritten note included). You can sign up on their website (bottom of the page) to be on the mailing list – I bought my ID when I noticed they were offering 20% off.

beautiful medical ID - it does exist

Disclosure: I was not paid or influenced by Lauren’s Hope to write this review. I received nothing from them – except for the bracelet that I paid for and ordered myself.

Category: product reviews
  • Stacey D. says:

I actually dealt with Lauren’s Hope for a giveaway on my blog. I love them! So much that I even bought some of my own stuff from them. Great bracelet & great recommendation 🙂

November 8, 2011 at 10:34 am
  • Heidi says:

Now I know what I want for Christmas-that’s a very unique medical ID! (love it)

November 8, 2011 at 11:00 am

I love it! And now I want a cool looking one for myself!

November 8, 2011 at 11:02 am

George – they have more “boy” looking patterns in the cuff design. You should!

November 9, 2011 at 12:30 am
  • Pearlsa says:

I ordered a bracelet from Lauren’s Hope this past Friday. I spent an hour debating between the cuff and the one I chose.

November 8, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Pearlsa – Are you going to post a picture of the one you chose?

November 9, 2011 at 12:31 am
  • Jess says:

yay! now we almost match! 🙂

November 8, 2011 at 3:13 pm
  • Colleen says:

Such a pretty medical alert! Who’d have thunk?

November 8, 2011 at 6:13 pm
  • Emily says:

Hi. Thanks for you blog. I have been lurking around it for a few months now.

I love all the stylish medic-alert type bracelets that have been coming out. I always wonder, though, if in an emergency first-responders would recognize a pretty bracelet as a medic alert. Do you know if any paramedics have ever spoken about the ease of recognizing some of these new products as medic-alert type jewelry? Thanks again for your blog!

November 10, 2011 at 12:27 pm

The reason why they are only necklaces and bracelets are because that is the first place the emergency personnel will check for vital signs. I am hopefully that when they would do that they would see the medical symbol. For me, I would not wear anything that looked more medical looking, so for me something that may not get noticed is better than nothing at all.

November 10, 2011 at 10:36 pm