A little something different for Best ‘Betes Blogs this month.
The goal of the project is to bring awareness to new posts and new members of the diabetes community as well as the posts that are too funny, inspirational, or motivational (translation: awesomesauce) to be missed.
I thought that with NaBloPoMo there would be a lot more nominations to match the increase in posts, but the busyness of the holiday season may have worked against that.
That being said, there were a few posts that were nominated or otherwise just can’t be missed.
- Get ready to laugh at The Perils Of Being A Mouse In A Diabetes Research Study from Texting My Pancreas.
- Appreciate the marriage advice and The Beatles influence from Sweetly Voiced as she reminds us to Whisper Words of Wisdom.
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by the tasks of daily life? Sweet Success says There’s No Need to Fear, Underdog is Here.
- Dude! Members of our community ran marathons this month! Canadian D-gal ran the Niagara Falls International Marathon and Caroline rocked the NYC Marathon.
- One of the Tales of Rachel included a great quote to inspire. It reminded me of one of my all-time favorite posts from outside the diabetes community.
- A comment on One Too Many by Dia-Beat-This suggested that it should “win” the post of the year, so it’s a post you probably shouldn’t miss.
- The Type Awesomes lived up to their namesake this month and produced so many amazing posts.
- Blood Sweat Carbs wrote a powerful letter to one of our enemies “Dear Seizure”
- If you don’t think that what you do matters, think again. The We CARA Lot Blog found out what can happen by just posting one picture on D Blog Day.
- Relive the emotions of a diagnosis and the celebration of survival on Type 1 Trip as “Today I Remember, Tomorrow We Celebrate”.
- Speaking of pictures. Invisible Diabetes visible.
- And while we are on the topic of pictures. Check out the Diabetes 11-11-11 collage that Diabetes in Spain put together for us.
Please leave comments with links to other awesomesauce posts you have seen this month.
The Best Betes Blogs is taking a break for December and will be back in January with new and exciting changes. Stay tuned!