Faith Friday – Fears

Sometimes my brain gets stuck. I don’t really have a better way to describe it. I start to worry about something and I just can’t stop.

For example, the minute my head hits the pillow at night I start thinking about what I have to do the next day.

I think about e-mails I have to write and what they should say.

I think about conversations I should have and actual things I should say.

I think about the order in which I should do the tasks of the next day.

I think about what would happen if I had a bad hypoglycemia episode and there was no one here to help me.

I think about my grocery shopping list.

I think about why one of my cats won’t stop peeing next to the litter box and how to make sure my apartment won’t smell like pee.

I think about what would happen if the rapture happened that night.

I think about what I will eat the next day.

I think about my bank account and my budget.

I think about what I will wear in the morning.

These aren’t fleeting thoughts. My brain gets stuck on them and I can’t sleep. Nerd alert but Siri helps a little bit by getting my thoughts on an actual list or letting me set reminders by just saying things out loud.

There is plan that seems easier and costs less money. I just have to figure out how make myself do it when I need it most.

“I sought and he answered me
and delivered me from all of my fears.”
~ Psalm 34:4

Category: Faith Friday, health
  • Victoria says:

Thank you! I needed that verse today. And for what it’s worth, I do the same thing minus the help from Siri.

January 6, 2012 at 9:49 am
    • k2 says:

Thanks for the much needed words of wisdom !

January 6, 2012 at 10:15 am
  • Stacey D. says:

Why is it that we can’t just shut our brains off? I think it would make lots of people sleep better at night. I hope now that you have found a very good use for Siri, your brain will feel a little lighter in time for bed 🙂

January 6, 2012 at 10:22 am
  • Shay says:

it is so true. for all the times He talks about comfort, rest, peace, protection, deliverance and hope, i don’t know why i why i don’t take Him up on His promises more. thanks for the reminder, sara!

January 6, 2012 at 1:10 pm
  • Janet says:

Great post and bible verse. Coincidentally, I just started reading “Fearless” by Max Lucado this week! Having fears is not unusual. I read another book (yes, I like to read a lot) called “The Untethered Soul”…Basically, it said if you give awareness to the thoughts you can acknowledge them and let them go. The thoughts only scare us when we keep them bottled up inside. Most of the things you listed (except for Rapture) would not cause the world to end…so it’s okay to let it go.

January 6, 2012 at 5:08 pm
  • Kelly Booth says:

I always do my best thinking before I go to sleep and also the most worrying. My cat did that every time she had a UTI – that was the only sign that anything was wrong. Try vinegar & water to clean with – 7 parts water to 1 part vinegar. It does wonders.

January 6, 2012 at 7:34 pm
  • Jess says:

when you figure out how to stop worrying, please let me know how you did it. 😉

seriously though, finding an image to focus on the reminds me of peace is what helps me. i LOVE the stained glass window in my church. it’s Jesus reaching out his arms, and around the circle, it says, “my peace, ” “i give,” “unto you” in such a way that they can be read in any order. i love it.

wishing you some peace, my friend. <3

January 7, 2012 at 1:14 am
  • Scully says:

Oh yeah, I’m with you on that.
    hope all that worrying is followed by a good sleep though.

January 7, 2012 at 6:57 am
  • Liah says:

I would like to live on my own, but I worry about not having someone there if an emergency occurred. It’s one of my biggest worries. It’s comforting to know that other diabetics have a similar experience. Thank you for sharing.

January 10, 2012 at 8:31 pm