Continuing my Florida adventures, yesterday I went on a tour of a local lighthouse. There were a few important facts that I learned during the day.
- When you learn about history while in The South, they may call the Civil War the War of Northern Aggression.
- If you build your lighthouse on a hill, you don’t have to build it quite so tall.
- 104 stairs doesn’t sound like a lot, but it will still make
yourmy thighs burn.
- It’s not so much that I am afraid of climbing a spiral staircase or standing at the top on a windy afternoon, its the descent that almost made me lose my mind.
- And most importantly, it is very difficult to take pictures of a lighthouse without it looking at least moderately phallic.
What? You thought I was talking about climbing and falling blood sugars? Nope, those stayed in line nicely all day.