My way of saying thanks

As one of the people working in the exhibit hall during the conference, my name tag had an extra label that identified me as an exhibitor. I was in the food court one night early in the conference when a dad spotted that part of my tag.

“What company?” he asked.

I started to explain, “My friend…”

“What company?” he interrupted.

“There is no company. That’s what I am trying to explain. My friend created this project to help people living with diabetes.”

“There is no company sponsoring us. It is just people living with diabetes and families of people living with diabetes. We were able to have a booth because people believe in the project and donated the money to help us afford the space.”

I was privileged to be one of the people working in the You Can Do This Project booth during the Friends for Life conference. But I was just a small part of a larger group of people that made it happen. Whether it is designing an amazing logo, donating money, loaning booth supplies, or recording a story that we can share with others – the You Can Do This Project is truly a grassroots advocacy campaign than could not survive without the entire community.

Thank you Kim for helping me create this video as another opportunity to share the story and my way of saying thanks.

• Kim says:

You did a beautiful, beautiful job, Sara. I’m thankful that you could be a part of the whole thing.

July 20, 2012 at 10:08 am
  • Stacey D. says:

What a great momento of a wonderful time. Nicely done :) And I must get myself a bracelet!

July 20, 2012 at 10:23 am
  • kim says:

awesome video sara! you all look like you had so much fun. wish i had been able to attend, but perhaps next year!

July 20, 2012 at 11:28 am
  • Colleen says:

Sitting here just grinning away! What a great job by all of you!

July 20, 2012 at 11:40 am
  • Alexis says:

Love love love!!!!!

July 20, 2012 at 12:22 pm
  • Denise aka Mom of Bean says:

total Ctrl C, Ctrl V to what I just commented for Kim…(tho I did fix my typo for you!!)

Beyond Amazingly Awesome!
    It gives me chills thinking about all the people YCDT has already touched and knowing that it will continue to touch countless others.
    L.O.V.E it!

BTW, who’s that cutie pie with the ladybugs…she looks like trouble!! ;)

July 20, 2012 at 1:16 pm
  • Krissy says:

Can I just tell you that I LOVE the You Can Do This Project? My daughter was diagnosed in January of this year and I’ve watched countless You Can Do This Videos since then. I’m still not ready to make my own (maybe next year?) but I just want you to know how much I appreciate all of the hard work that goes into this. Thank you. I’m still wearing my You Can Do This Project Bracelet :)

July 20, 2012 at 1:17 pm
  • Katie @ www.princessofpavement.wordpress.com says:

Looked like tons of fun!

July 21, 2012 at 12:27 am
  • Wendy says:

Sara, it was SO AWESOME to see you guys in action. I’m completely honored to have witnessed this amazing booth in it’s first year at FFL, and can’t wait to see what happens next!

July 22, 2012 at 2:24 am
  • shannon says:

thank YOU and everyone else who made the YCDTP such a success at FFL. it was beautiful to see! :)

what was that dad in the food court’s response?

August 2, 2012 at 11:10 pm