You Are Beautiful!

A little more than 24 hours ago, my friend Wendy posted this -

As a girl who proudly wears a few robot parts but knows what it feels like to worry about being different, I couldn’t let her think she was anything less than beautiful. It turns out that I have 53 other friends who agree with me. We had so many people offering to help, we couldn’t fit them all in the video.

On your 7th diaversary today Sugar, remember YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Tag:
  • Tricia says:

Sara!!
    That was completely awesome!
    I kinda feel like I need to have an identity crisis or feel ugly so I can get an insanely amazing video made for me too!
    You’re SO GREAT! Keep up the fabulousness!!
    Tricia Moore
    (glasses x 19 years; diabetes x 18 years; pump x 12 years; CGM x 3 years)

July 25, 2012 at 8:53 pm
  • Amanda says:

Glasses are totally chic and I think an insulin pump is quite the fashion statement in itself. Sugar, all the other girls will be jealous. ;)

July 25, 2012 at 9:01 pm
  • Shannon says:

AWESOME!!!! I got my glasses a couple of months before my dx 20 years ago. Coincidence? Unfortunately not. But I rock ‘em along with my pump and CGM! :)

July 25, 2012 at 9:07 pm
  • Krissy says:

LOVE!!!

July 25, 2012 at 9:47 pm
  • Debra says:

You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!! What a special thing you did for that girl:)

July 25, 2012 at 9:49 pm
  • Ubergeek says:

This is why the DOC is AMAZING, truly AMAZING.

July 25, 2012 at 9:53 pm
  • Liz says:

Absolutely loved the video! What an amazing community of support :-)

July 25, 2012 at 9:57 pm
  • Denise aka Mom of Bean says:

Woo to the Hoo!!

July 25, 2012 at 11:31 pm
  • Wendy says:

Speechless. I keep thinking of a million things I want to say, but I can’t find the right words. Just know that we love it. Every single milisecond of the video, each person who helped make it happen, and each person who contributed from the heart – even if the picture can’t be seen…every word of encouragement, every virtual hug, every smile…it all comes together is a special way that simply can’t be described.

So, from my (candy) heart to yours…thank you.

July 25, 2012 at 11:38 pm
  • Sandy Floyd says:

We call my husband a robot too! :)

July 26, 2012 at 2:42 pm
  • Reyna says:

Joe LOVED Mike’s bit! What a wonderful video.

July 27, 2012 at 10:03 am
  • shannon says:

yeah man, like i told kim, we were away from home when this all went down and L told me she wished we were home so she could take a pic of her and her pump while she was wearing her fake glasses.

the way the DOC pulls together and the beautiful way you and kim have presented (almost!) everyone’s contributions is something amazing to witness and i feel privileged to be part of this community.

BIG SMILE AND HEART EYES!

August 2, 2012 at 11:29 pm
  • Martha says:

What a beautiful gift for us all . . . the DOC is a wonderful gift in my life. (Have worn glasses for 40 years; T1 for 16 years; Pumping for 14 years!)

August 3, 2012 at 10:06 pm