Currently, I don’t exactly have a grab bag, it’s more like a bunch of stuff scattered throughout my purse. I obviously carry more when I am traveling, but these are the products that are with me on a daily basis.
- A Diet Coke themed wristlet purchased from the Coke Museum last Thanksgiving with Victoria. If anyone knows how I can get my hands on a Diet Pepsi version, I’d really prefer that. Hold items 2-5.
- The cap for the iBGStar meter. Used when the meter is not connected to an iDevice.
- FastClix. My preferred lancing device. It’s on lancet #3 which means I’m technically carrying a few spare lancets too.
- A few used test strips. The wristlet has an inside pocket. Apparently it holds quite a bit. It’s empty now.
- iBGStar test strips. Vial of 50 roughly the same size as item 8, which only holds 25. Hmmm.
- Meter. Nutritional information database/carbohydrate counter. Logging app.
- Ping remote. Particularly helpful when I’m wearing a dress or otherwise want to bolus discreetly. I don’t use it every day but when I do, I am VERY thankful for this device.
- Test strips from item 7.
- Batteries. Two triple As for the meter, one double A for the Animas Ping pump.
- Glucose tabs. Just yesterday I ran out of Glucolift tabs in my travel tube and had to mix flavors. I didn’t really notice how much better the Glucolift tablets taste until I had one so close to a generic tab.
- Dexcom receiver. Has the amazing ability to fall out of the side pocket of my purse and bury itself deep in my bag, found only when it beeps.
- Trail mix. Please explain how Walgreens brand is so good.
I don’t carry any extra insulin with me. Peeking into other grab bags makes me feel a little guilty/worried about this. Anyone else not carry back-up insulin?