The thin red line

I don’t think this one is related to diabetes, but since it is about healing time it does make me wonder a little.

About a month and a half ago I had an unfortunate incident with one of my cats. It was just a scratch so I obviously didn’t go to the doctor or anything – just did what you would do for any other minor cut.

Other people say they don’t notice it, but every time I look in the mirror (or at myself in pictures) I see the scar across my forehead. This weekend, I bought a gel that is supposed to reduce the look of scars. On the box is says to use it for eight weeks so I suppose it will be a while before I know if it is working.

It is nice that most of the scratch is in one of my forehead wrinkles though, because if the gel doesn’t work, I plan to just look surprised all the time.

On an entirely different note, Diabetes Mine is hosting Best of the ‘Betes Blogs this month. There have already been a few nominations submitted but there is plenty of time to get a ton more before the 28th. With No D Day this month, the non-D Related category should be a good one. For more information about how to nominate your favorite posts, click here. Remember, you don’t have to have a blog or a twitter account to nominate. You just have to enjoy at least one post a month!

Category: cats
  • Rachel says:

Although adopting a constantly surprised expression is an option, I hope that the gels works on fading your scar.

October 22, 2012 at 9:35 am
  • Leighann of D-Mom Blog says:

It’s so not noticeable.

I have used vitamin E capsules before. You break them open and dab the gel onto the scar.

I bet the stuff you bought has vitamin E.

Happy healing :)

October 22, 2012 at 10:31 am
  • k2 says:

Hope the gel gives you the results you want! Also, always wear sunscreen on the scar and I yes, agree that vitamin E gel caps work wonders – it’s sticky, but it works!
    And Cocoa Butter scar sticks are also great: http://www.drugstore.com/palmers-cocoa-butter-formula-scar-stick-spf-50/qxp276083

October 22, 2012 at 10:52 am
  • Stacey D. says:

I don’t have any product advice to give like Leighann or Kelly but I do hope that what you bought works. For what it’s worth, I can hardly see it in the picture and I can see it only because it was the topic of your post :)

October 22, 2012 at 11:48 am

But *I* can see it!!!

I know everyone else says it’s not that bad, but to me it’s the first thing I see when I look in the mirror. And I’m still on the market so I have to do whatever I can! :D

October 22, 2012 at 12:02 pm
  • Scott E says:

When I was a baby, my parents put me in a walker. I “walked” down the stairs. I’ve had a little spot on my forehead to remind me ever since.

About 12 years ago, I was at work talking on my cell phone, and I opened a glass door right into my face. It caused a nice gash resulting in a trip to the emergency room and about 6 stiches.

About 6 years ago, I’d removed a door from its hinges to paint a room, and when I carried the door across the room, it smashed into the light fixture which, in turn, smashed into my head. More stitches.

Since losing my hair, everything my head touches leaves a mark. Low-hanging tree branches, the roof above a car door (I’m reminded of the S.K.Johnson GIF), and so on. Eventually, those heal.

Facial scars aren’t embarrassing. They’re a sign of courage. They add character. Be proud of them.

(Oh, and about that Vitamin E thing. I’ve done it too. I don’t know how well it works, but it’s definitely worth trying!)

October 22, 2012 at 7:07 pm
  • shannon says:

your ‘surprised’ solution is brilliant! :)

October 22, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I’m with Scott E. on this – BATTLE SCARS FTW!! You just need to make up a better story to go along with it…

Seriously though, it’s not noticeable.

October 23, 2012 at 11:32 am