And I don’t mean it in the British way.
The insertion didn’t feel any different from any other time. The sensor is in basically the same location that I’ve been putting my sensors for months and months.
I put the sensor in and cut the strips from my Flexifix tape. It wasn’t until I turned to put the tape on the sensor that I even noticed anything was wrong.
I cleaned up the sensor base (with Q-tips) as best as I could and attached the transmitter. The first few hours of results were a bit sketchier than usual, but since then my numbers have been pretty much on track.
It’s the first bloody sensor I’ve had in three years of Dexcom-ing. Since it seems to be working just fine, the only thing I’m wondering now is how crazy the bruise is going to be when I finally take the sensor off.