Re-reorganized

It seems like every few months, my diabetes supply stash gets absolutely out of control. Empty boxes that formerly held pump supplies and empty test strip boxes dominate the shelf.

(this photo is shockingly not staged)

organize before

When you are running perpetually late for work in the morning and just need to do a quick site change, throwing away an empty box isn’t really a priority.

Well, I was reading Zakary’s blog, Raising Colorado, and she posted about a beautiful solution for her daughter’s pump supplies. She made an excellent point (and one she discovered after 6 months of pumping, and not 10 years), there really is no reason to keep the cluttered, impossible to open, half-ripped boxes anyway. Her solution included a trip to Target and bins that were on clearance, and that’s really all it took for me to know that it was the solution for me too.

labeled reorganization

A place for everything, and everything in its place.

organize after

Spring cleaning, diabetes style.

• Kim says:

Gorgeous! And I thought I was doing well to put all of my cartridges in one drawer, for once.

March 24, 2014 at 6:06 am
  • StephenS says:

Gee, I thought I was the only DME slob. Maybe now I’m the only one left. Thanks for the great tip, and the photos.

March 24, 2014 at 7:25 am
  • Alexis says:

Sooo the OCD in me thinks this is the best thing ever!! It’s so pretty! My $1 store has this little drawers, guess where I’m headed after work!

March 24, 2014 at 7:28 am
  • Stacey D. says:

So much better :) I have a whole Closetmaid Cubeical 9 cube organizer of which 95% contains diabetes supplies. Between supplies of pods, Animas infusion sets and reservoirs, test strips, ketone test strips, meter cases, glucose tabs and gels, batteries, extra meters, etc. sometimes that doesn’t seem big enough to keep everything organized!

March 24, 2014 at 12:32 pm
  • Zakary says:

Yay! I hope the bins were on clearance!

March 24, 2014 at 12:48 pm

For sure! I used the new Cartwheel app and got some other stuff on sale too! :D

March 31, 2014 at 1:14 am
  • Sarah says:

I recently had to do this with all of my stuff. Makes life so much simpler… or at least the diabetes clutter part anyway.

March 24, 2014 at 1:37 pm
  • Kristin says:

Love it! I’m curious about throwing away the boxes because anytime I’ve called in for support to get a replacement infusion site, sensor or reservoir, they are always asking for numbers from the packaging. Are you keeping that information somewhere?

April 8, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Each of the smaller packages of pump supplies (and CGM sensors) actually have the lot and serial numbers on them as well. I think I’ll be all set. I hope…

April 8, 2014 at 9:39 pm